The roles of a boyfriend to a girlfriend vary depending on the two individuals in a relationship. Environment and culture
While a relationship is supposed to be a health period where two people know each other before they get married, more relationships nowadays are based on selfish desires and gratification.
While some guys date a lady in order to have sex, some ladies will date a guy for financial support.
It is still debated how far a boyfriend needs to support his woman besides paying normal bills for date. Some women demanding that a loving boyfriend will help with rent bills.
However paying full or splitting rent bills should largely depend on the couple themselves and should be voluntary.
According to a relationship expert, these are 7 essential roles of a boyfriend to his girlfriend.
- 1. YOUR BEST FRIEND. Your boyfriend should double as your best friend. He should be the one person who can make you smile, make you laugh, and make you feel better after a rough day
- YOUR NURSE. When you’re sick, your boyfriend should be willing to make you soup and do small errands for you. He doesn’t have to be your caretaker all year long, but he should rise to the occasion when you need him.
- YOUR PARTNER IN CRIME. In a serious relationship, you need to make joint decisions. You’re partners, which means you have to consult each other before making any big, life altering decisions. You wouldn’t dream of buying a house or quitting your job without talking it through with him first
- YOUR PSYCHIATRIST. Shrinks are expensive. That’s why your boyfriend should be open to listening to you rant about your problems and brag about your successes. This brings you closer too.
- YOUR CHEERLEADER. When you have a job interview to attend, your boyfriend should do whatever he can to boost your confidence beforehand. He should get you pumped up to remind you that you can accomplish anything
- YOUR ADMIRER. Your boyfriend doesn’t have to surprise you with flowers and chocolates at work. However, he should give you thoughtful kisses on the forehead and let you pick the movie to watch on Friday nights. He should do little things to remind you he cares.
- YOUR TEACHER. Even if you two have a lot in common, there must be a few skills he possesses that you don’t have. Maybe he knows how to change a tire or bake a cheesecake. Whatever talents he has, he should be willing to teach you.