James Mburu Githii was on Thursday appointed as the new Commissioner General of KRA for a three-year term effective July 1, 2019.
Here are things you need to know about the new KRA boss:
- He was first appointed to KRA top leadership in March 2012 by former president Mwai Kibaki, when Kibaki was the finance minister.
- He has 12 years experience in KRA: AT KRA he headed the Tax Audit policy, Investigation functions, and Audit of large taxpayers.
- Education: He has a Master of Science Public Policy and Analysis from JKUAT. His first degree is in Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting option.
- He was the commissioner for intelligence and strategic Operations from April 2017.
- He is the fourth consecutive man from Central Kenya to head KRA after Michael Waweru, John Munge, and John Njiraini.