From trending personalities to sports events, here is the list of the top items searched on Google by Kenyans.
- Bob Collymore. The late Safaricom CEO died on July 1, at his Kitisuru home after a long battle Acute Myeloid Leukemia, aged 61.
VsKariobangi Sharks. The English Premier League club played a friendly against SportPesa Premier League side Kariobangi Sharks at Moi International Sports Center, Kasarani on July 7.
- Ken Okoth. The late Kibra Member of Parliament died on July 26 after losing the battle to colorectal cancer at the Nairobi Hospital.
- Esther Arunga. The former TV anchor admitted that she had lied to the police about the events surrounding her son’s death. She was also sentenced to 10 months in prison but freed on parole.
- FaceApp. The application caused excitement online. Users uploaded their picture and got one that made them look older.
- Vera Sidika. The socialite and businesswoman stunned netizens when she returned back to her dark skin tone, years after bleaching.
- Cancer. With Kenyans losing three prominent personalities to cancer in the month of July, it makes sense that they rushed to Google for answers.
- Anne Waiguru wedding. The Kirinyaga county boss tied the knot with her lawyer husband Kamotho Waiganjo.
- Sodium Metabisulphite. The expose by Dennis Okari showed how supermarkets were using this harmful chemical to preserve their meat so as not to make losses.
- AFCON. The Africa Cup of Nations finals between Senegal and Algeria closed the list of the top searched items in Kenya.
Wambui Kamiru, Michael Joseph, Dennis Itumbi and Joe Kadenge also made it to the list.
How to make money online, how to write a CV, how to write an application letter, how to take care of a phone and how to bake a cake were the top ‘how to’ searches.