Two people died yesterday after consuming a boiled concoction of herbal medicines in Maliki village, Kwanza, Trans Nzoia County.
TV47 reports that the early morning incident left villagers in shock. “We have been consuming these medicines for a long time without any harm,” said Dan Simiyu, son of the deceased. “We are really shocked as to why it has turned out this way.”
County Commander Fredrick Ochieng confirmed the incident. Two daughters from the family are fighting for their lives at Kitale Level 4 hospital.
Justus Tagiti, a neighbour said the family members started foaming in their mouths, convulsing and vomiting soon after consuming the herbs. He said they attempted to rush them to hospital on motorbike and ambulance, amid complaints of stomach pains.
The bodies of the diseased were taken to Kitale Hospital Mortuary as police commenced investigations.